Sunday, November 29, 2015

Final Task 2

1. Explanatory Headline: New dental technology is making dental visits more comfortable for patients because of the precision and efficiency it uses.
2. Subheads:
A) Compared to traditional x-rays, digital x-rays are much more efficient because the image appears almost immediately and contains a fraction of the amount of radiation.
B) Laser dentistry will eliminate patient discomfort because it is quick and many times does not involve need for anesthesia.
C) By replacing missing teeth with dental implants, patients are given the confidence to show off their teeth while also giving them the ability to chew and eat normally.
D) Dentists are better able to treat their patients through the use of dental technology because patients are less apprehensive.
E) Patients are more comfortable in the dental chair because of the more patient-friendly technology being used.
3. Summaries:
A) I will talk about three types of dental technology, the first being digital x-rays. I will talk about how it is better compared to the traditional x-ray procedure. After I will talk about how it is beneficial for the patient because there is no waiting time for the films to be developed, and the patient can see the image on a large computer screen versus a small film. Also, I will mention how digital x-rays comfort patients because of their reduced radiation exposure.
B) I will talk about another type of dental technology: laser dentistry. I will talk first about its efficiency in terms of time and bacteria control. I will then talk about how it is comforting for patients because of it is pain free. I will use the example of filling cavities and compare this procedure in traditional dentistry versus laser dentistry. In this way I'll explain how laser dentistry is more comfortable for patients.
C) The last technology I will discuss are dental implants. I will mention why it is beneficial, mainly to given patients the confidence to smile and show their teeth and also to chew normally. I will explain how implants are comforting to patients because it allows them to resume life as before they had missing teeth.
D) (2 Video Interviews Here) In this section, I will discuss how dentist's feel about new dental technology and if they think it is beneficial in terms of putting patients at ease. I will video interview two dentists on this topic. I will ask (1) do you think the direction dental technology is taking is making dental procedures easier on patients? and (2) do you think the use of dental technology makes it easier for you, as a dentist, to perform well on patients?
E) (Video Interview Here) Lastly, I will video interview one person who has experienced at least one of the three types of dental technologies mentioned earlier. First I will gain background information to see how apprehensive or nervous going to the dental office made them. Then I will ask (1) do you find yourself being less nervous at the dental office because of the use of new dental technology? and (2) because of the use of dental technology, are you more willing to go to the dentist instead of avoiding it?

References:
http://www.123dentist.com/top-10-new-technologies-in-dentistry/
http://www.yourdentistryguide.com/laser/

No comments:

Post a Comment